5 honey cocktails you must try right now
Is life giving you lemons? Squeeze them, add honey, your favourite alcohol and voila, you got a kickass cocktail!
Looking to give your drinks a new twist? Think about putting your simple syrup on hold in favour of honey's gooey sweetness. Honey is a more alluring sweetener than sugar due to its rich viscosity and distinctive flavour, which provide a depth of flavour the white stuff just cannot.
It's likely that when you think about honey cocktails, you picture something really sweet, rich, and thick. Fair enough, honey-infused drinks are sweeter than those made without them. However, that does not always imply that they are sweet.
For instance, the honey-lime margarita is somewhat sweeter than a standard margarita but is still not particularly sugary.
Don't think you won't find anything on this list that appeals to your preferences if you like your drinks acidic, tangy, or just a bit smokey. Even though there are just 5 honey cocktails available below, they suit a variety of tastes with ease.
1. Bee’s knee Cocktail
Gin, 2 ounces Freshly squeezed lemon juice, 3/4 ounce A half-ounce of honey Lemon twist as a garnish
• In a shaker with ice, combine the gin, lemon juice, and honey syrup. Mix thoroughly until well chilled. Strain the content into a glass. Add a lemon twist as a garnish.
2. Honey rose- old fashioned
Rose-Honey, 0.75 oz. Bourbon, 2 oz. Apple bitters, 2 dashes
• Combine rose-honey simple, bourbon, and bitters in a mixing glass. Stir in the ice until well cold. Pour into a rocks glass filled with huge chunks of ice. Garnish with the orange rose and rose buds if desired.
3. Tequila honey bee
2 oz. reposado tequila 1 oz. honey 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice Bitters of Angostura Lemon peel as garnish
• Mezcal should be rinsed into a highball glass, then the surplus should be discarded after a thin layer of mezcal is applied to the interior of the glass.
• In a shaker with ice, combine the tequila, honey syrup, and lemon juice. Shake vigorously until well cold.
• Add two dashes of bitters to the top after straining over fresh ice in the prepared glass.
4. Classic honey lime margarita
Tequila, 2 shots Half a shot of lime juice (freshly squeezed) Honey in the third shot
• In a cocktail shaker combine the tequila (or mezcal), lime juice, honey and triple sec. Add ice once the shaker (or jar) is 3/4 filled. Shake till cold, then serve into a rocks or margarita glass filled with ice. If desired, add a lime slice as a garnish.
5. Bear with me, honey
1-ounce gin Lemon juice, 3/4 ounce 0.5 ounce of honey Beer
Combine all but the beer in a shaker with ice, shake and strain over rocks in a collins glass. Slowly pour the beer over the back of a spoon to get the layered effect. Garnished with a dehydrated slice of honey tangerine.